Thursday, July 03, 2008

Pictures Gallup to Albuquerque

First thing we did leaving Gallup, was visiting the El Morro National Monument. This was a little detour, but it was worth it. Unfortunately my camera batteries died on us, so we do not have a lot of pictures of this park. Especially not being able to take pictures of the inscriptions on these rocks made me really p.... off. (If you know what I mean).

After check in in our hotel in Albuquerque, which I do not recommend to Tamzen (who is going there in August), we drove to the Sandia Peak Mountain (pictures hereunder). Tamzen I'll write you an email with the name and address of the hotel you should not get when you go there.

We got stuck on top of the mountain, because due to the thunderstorm they did not allow the aerial tramway to function. We were forced to have a piece of cake after our dinner. By the way Tamzen, the restaurant on top of the mountain (not at the base) is very good and not over expensive.
See the rain falling down miles away? A few hours later we were in the middle of it, still on top of the mountain.
Enjoy the view of Albuquerque from the top of the Sandia Peak Mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my dear wife! Please let me know the name of the hotel NOT to stay in!!! the pictures are beautiful.
Tamzen