Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is a special day, since it is the birthday of a very dear friend: Marleen.
We have almost 45 years of history together. Both born in 1963, she in August, I in July... we kind of grew up together. Marleen is the youngest of a very big family, actually the funny thing is that my mom and her sisters were friends with her older sisters!
We went to kindergarten together, afterwards to elementary school and later to junior high and high school. As little kids we played together and I spend a lot of time on the farm where she lived. Later on, we started going out together, sharing secrets about boyfriends and today we still have that deep friendship going after all these years.
Even though we do not see eachother a lot, we feel "at home" when we come together and we feel as if we've just talked the other day. We know that we will always be there for eachother and that our friendship is real.
Since this good friend of mine is having some health problems right now, I wanted to share with the world how I feel about her, how great I think she is and how much I want her to get better soon so that we can celebrate her birthday together.

Love you Leen and wish you a good recovery but most of all for today "Happy Birthday"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gelukkige verjaardag Marleen en vlug beter hé de buurvrouw Rosette