Monday, September 29, 2008

A cute little visitor

This weekend was a beautiful weekend… nice weather, sunny and not too warm.
Nice enough to do some work in the garden outside and to sit outside and enjoy a nice autumn sun.
Saturday morning we started the weekend with some shopping. Time had come to start organizing the room in which Alain has his office. So we went to Ikea in Zaventem to buy some filing cupboards. Of course we found other nice things to buy and came out of the shop with a very light wallet! (lol)
From Ikea we went back home for a quick lunch, after which Alain took off with Axelle again because she wanted Alain to buy the wood for a cathouse they are going to build together. Indeed, we can not talk ourselves out of it any longer, Axelle wants a kitten so desperately that we will have to give in!
By the time they came back, our visitors had arrived. Inge and Peter live in The Netherlands. They are a very nice couple we met in Turkey years ago (no kids at that time).
In February this year, Inge gave birth to their son Lars. Lars was very excited to see the world and was born 9 weeks too soon. When you have a look at the pictures we took of this cute baby you will have to agree that you can not see it anymore! What a nice little boy he is! Of course we had to take a picture with me holding that little darling… My neighbor Rosette told me it looks good and that I should consider having another baby of my own…. Well… keep on dreaming! It was very very nice to hold this baby in my arms, but I think I’m very used to having a girl age (almost) 11, who is becoming more and more a teenager.
Because of the nice weather I wanted to have a bbq, but nowhere I could find bbq meat, you know the kind of prepared meat with special herbs on it. So the plan changed and I cooked pasta with salmon in white wine with broccoli and mascarpone. The evening ended rather late, but being in such good company, we did not realize it. Hope to see them again soon! And before I forget: Inge and Peter, thanks for the nice gifts you brought us!
Sunday was another beautiful day! I decided to work a bit in the garden. Alain joined me, but not for too long because he was not feeling well. In fact he started to cough more and more and today he was really sick and had to cancel meetings. Poor thing! To come back to Sunday… I trimmed the lavender, Alain helped me with trimming of a tree and he had to do some repairs to Axelle’s bike. Weather was extremely nice and so we could eat outside at noon. Nadine also came by because I had some plants I wanted to get rid of and she was a willing victim to put them in her garden. The plant I wanted to get rid of was “leeuwebekje”, translated this is snapdragon. It’s not that I did not like the plant, but it was taking up too much space and was totally covering other plants we did plant (I did not plant this snapdragon you see!).
This is how the weekend went by too quickly and next weekend will be a busy one because we will have visitors from Marina del Rey. Laurie and Jon will be visiting us. Laurie is the photographer that did the photo shoot we won at school in 2007 at the silent auction! Her husband Jon is planning to open a small brewery in LA
Have a nice week!

From left to right: Peter with Lars, Inge and Alain.
We toasted with a glass of champagne of course!

What a cute baby...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristine, Alain & Axelle,

Thank you very much for the pleasant stay with you last weekend! It was great to see you all after 2 years and we are glad to have nice friends like you!

See you soon and lots of love,
Lars, Peter & Inge

(we sturen separaat een mail met foto's)