Monday, September 22, 2008

News about the previous week

As I told you in my previous post, Axelle had a week trip with school. They went to Durbuy and had a blast! Friday evening she came home with a lot of stories and we were allowed to listen, not to talk too much!
Anyway, she had a great time, she loved the place were they stayed, she loved the food (amazing!), she loved the activities they did (like nature hikes, adventure hike with walking over unstable bridges and going for the death ride...). Thanks to all the teachers who accompanied our kids and gave them such a nice and unforgettable week!

We had a quiet week at home in the meantime. I organized an evening with my girlfriends at home on Wednesday evening. I hadn’t seen them in more than a year, so we had a lot of catching up to do. Before we knew it, it was midnight and the next day we had to get out of bed to go to work.
On Thursday evening, Alain and I decided to go out for dinner. We picked a Thai restaurant in Vilvoorde. The food was quiet good, service could have been a bit better, but I think that we got spoiled in the States and that we simply have too high expectations.

On Friday evening our little miss came home and we were glad to be able to hold her in our arms again.

Saturday we had to get up early, since we had planned to go for a test drive with a VW SUV. The drive was rather disappointing, so that car is now excluded from the list we are choosing from. Alain still needs to order his company car!
The rest of the weekend we were test driving a Mercedes. That sure was a very nice car, even nicer because it was an automatic gearbox!

On Saturday evening Emma, John and the kids joined us for a drink and on Sunday we had to go to my parents. In their village they had a huge garage sale. Axelle took the opportunity to buy strip albums from “Jommeke” and “Suske and Wiske”. Both are Belgian comic strips.

Unfortunately I already started to feel sick yesterday (Sunday) and today I woke up with a bad cold. Now I’m sniffing and coughing the whole day long. Hopefully I’ll feel better the coming days.

I’m also glad to be able to post some pictures. On Saturday we did a lot of work in our garden in the late afternoon. I was trimming the tree while Alain took care of the bad weeds in the lawn.

Also our shower is now fully finished, the bathroom being repainted in a nice purple color…
I also post some pictures about the other paint jobs I did during my extra holiday month (August). Just to show that I was “working” and not just sitting on my behind!

Nele, our Belgian friend in Pasadena, gave us a surprise call today! That was a lot of fun! Promise Nele, next time we’ll call you guys!
Our shower. The color looks "flashy" on this picture,
but it is less flashy when you see it in our bathroom!
In Axelle's room I had to paint blue and green... she did the rest with wall stickers.

In our bedroom I used the same green color as in our living room.

I'm in action, trimming the tree

Alain taking care of the bad weeds... hopefully this works. We'll have the results in like 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work, de buren

De Martens in Pasadena said...

Het was leuk jullie nog eens "live" te horen!
Groetjes,
Nele