Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy weekend - First snowfall

Friday evening we started the weekend with a trip to the movies. We went to see “Madagascar 2”, a fun movie for young and old. We went with Emma, John and their kids and after the movie had a drink together.
It sure was a nice way to end a busy week.
On Saturday, we started the day with a nice breakfast, after which I had to run some errands with Axelle. Alain went to Antwerp because the house over there needed some minor repairs.
On Saturday evening we were invited for the “goodbye party” of Tiny and Jurgen. Tiny and Jurgen leave Belgium end of December because they are going to Canada for one year. It sure was a nice party and because it was such fun we only came home around 3am.
Sunday morning we woke up with a little layer of snow in our garden. In the afternoon I had to go to a jewelry presentation (a few streets away from where we live) while Alain went with Axelle to the tennis club around the corner.
In the tennis club they were celebrating “Sinterklaas”… which is kind of the same as Santa Clause, but he brings candy and toys on December 6. Axelle got a nice book with tips for young teenage girls and some candy. It’s nice that this club offers gifts to the kids of their members.
As I said earlier on, I went to a jewelry demonstration. In July I received a nice bracelet from Nadine and Kris for my birthday. That’s also the one that caught my eye yesterday… and the nice thing was the fact they also had the matching necklace. I simply couldn’t resist… I had to have this necklace and so I spend some money.
By the time we were going back home, we had like 10cm of snow on the streets… so it became more “sliding back home” on high heels. Nice! But Rosette, my neighbor, and I made it without breaking a leg.
And that’s how the busy, but nice, weekend ended.
Today is another “grey” day… and although there was no extra snow this morning, I fear for this afternoon. It seems like we’re going to get more of the white stuff!
But let’s look at it the positive way: It’s so romantic walking in a winter wonderland!

No comments: