Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fire in California starts tears in Belgium

Got curious?
Nothing special you know, but this morning I was driving to work and listening to Q-music, the radio channel I always have on in my car and suddenly I was back in sunny California.
How come?
Well, they got on the phone with a Belgian living in Ventura, Ann Ongena.
We know Ann, because her blog was the blog that inspired us when we knew we had to move to the States.
We also visited Ann and her family in April 2006, just a few months before moving, when we were househunting in LA.
So hearing her on the radio, talking about all the fires in California... well... it did something to me, it took me back in time and it brought tears to my eyes.
It made me think about the good life we had over there, about the nice and wonderful people we met over there... about our friends for life.
So, while Ann was telling about the fire and the St Anna winds... I was driving and feeling very sorry for myself.
When I arrived at work, I had to put these thoughts away, because a very important training started today with many people coming from our affiliates all over the world (Brasil, Poland, Czech Republic, India, Italy and so on...) and so I had a lot to do and there was no time for feeling sorry or whatsoever.
Just wanted to share these feelings with you...

Love you all and miss you so very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristine,

Ben per toeval op je blog terecht gekomen en vind hem reuze interessant!
Wij vertrekken in juni 2009 naar California met onze zoontjes van (dan)9 en bijna 7. Ik las dat jullie dochterje Engelse les volgde voordien in Belgiƫ. Ik ben hiernaar op zoek maar vind nergens een cursus. Kan jij ons helpen? Mijn mail: angelique.verzelen@yahoo.com.
Alvast bedankt!

Angelique.

@nn said...

Inderdaad, zelfs na vier jaar heb ik ook nog steeds het gevoel hoeveel beter het leven hier aanvoelt. En we zijn niet alleen, want zie maar hoe druk bevolkt het in Californie is, terwijl natuurrampen als ontembare branden en aardbevingen boven je hoofd hangen.
Ik zie ons nog aan de voordeur zitten met de kinderen op de trampoline en de super lekkere paaseitjes die jullie meebrachten. En nu zijn jullie alweer weg. Wat gaat het leven toch veel te snel!
Maar wie weet krijgen jullie nog wel ooit de kans en komen jullie nog wel terug, je weet maar nooit wat de toekomst nog voor jullie klaarliggen heeft.