Thursday, January 29, 2009

America here we come

It's been very quiet over here... I had my reasons... I've been very busy lately and did not feel like writing on this blog. Anyway, nothing very exciting has happened, except maybe for the big village party we've had on January 17. Elewijt (where we live) had been elected "Village with a future" last year and so they won a price to throw a big party for all the citizens.
It was nice, we had free drinks, free food and rock bands were playing all kinds of music, only negative point was the fact that it was so cold.
By 8.30pm we were frozen and so we went back home although the party was to continue till 2am.

Except for that party, we did nothing special because Axelle had a lot of testing at school and we had to spend a lot of time with her to study.
First results show that she is improving at school, so we're very happy about that.

At work I had my appraisal meeting with my boss. I was so glad to hear that he was very happy with my return and that he values all my efforts at work. Have to say that I went home that evening with a happy feeling.

But, the title of this post says "America here we come!"... Indeed, we booked our flights.
We'll be leaving April 1 by train to Paris and fly with Air France to LAX, where we will be arriving early afternoon. We'll come back to Belgium on April 15.
In the two weeks we'll be visiting our friends and also have a roadtrip with our friends to visit Tamzen, Jeff and Maia in Albuquerque. They moved from Marina del Rey to New Mexico and live in a nice house with pool. So why not go and see them as well?!
Also some shopping has to be put on the agenda, I'm already making up my shopping list... all the things I miss here in the shops... and the stuff that is a lot less expensive in the States...

So my darlings... have some patience, we'll be there in no time!

Love you all

1 comment:

De Martens in Pasadena said...

Joehoe! Als er ergens nog een gaatje in jullie agenda zit, zeker eens afkomen he!!
Groetjes, Nele